The Links Art Gallery is a unique new art gallery and resource centre located at Dukes Walk, Northern Promenade, Whitley Bay NE26 1TP, between Whitley Bay town and Saint Mary’s Island.
The gallery will stock a wide range of quality art and craft with the emphasis on work by North East artists.
We will launch a series of exhibitions and workshops featuring established and emerging local artists; and a programme of cultural events to engage residents, schools and visitors to our region. Please bookmark our website and watch the press for further information.
Our events and services
• Exhibitions and arts workshops involving our local community and visitors to our region,
to be announced later this year.
• An Arts Shop featuring the work of local artists.
• The provision of art classes and workshops, with an outreach education programme for schools.
• Our studio café, serving the finest Bristot coffee and light refreshments.
Aims of the gallery
• To establish The Links Art Gallery as a unique and popular visitor attraction in Whitley Bay
• To gain a reputation for quality; representing both established and emerging local artists, thus making an important contribution to the cultural life of the region.
• To engage with local schools, arts groups and others in order to bring art into the heart of our community
We are establishing Friends of Links Gallery and hope the local community will join us in helping determine the kind of arts and events we will promote. If you are interested in joining the Friends, please email us at email@example.com ARTIST & EXHIBITIONS
Right on the beach at Dukes Walk, situated on The Links in Whitley Bay with its stunning panoramic views of the bay, the seaside and Saint Mary’s lighthouse, our studio café is a great place to take 5 minutes for a snack and a drink.